After our recent success at Wembley, I approached the club and asked if we could do an interview with a player. The club kindly said yes, but due to availability, I did the following short interview with Craig via Andy Walker.
My thanks go to him and the club for making and allowing this to happen. (The image is from a previous article where it was published with permission from BCFC).
1. So Craig, you’re a Brummy and a Bluenose. Tell me how it felt to walk out on the Wembley turf on that Sunday afternoon.
“It was unbelievable. If you were going to write a book then you’d want to write something like that. It was just a dream come true for me being a Blues fan and a Blues player.”
2. Some of your best performances have been in the Carling Cup, what is it about this competition that has motivated you. (I’m not saying you haven’t been in the league games btw!)
“It was just the chance of us knowing that we could win a trophy. It had been such a long time before this club had won a trophy. We got the luck of the draw through the rounds but we still played brilliant, especially in the game when we knocked Villa out and then in the semi-final. Then the game after that was at Wembley which was easy to get up for. ”
3. It must have been disappointing to have to go off – how did you find it watching the game from the bench?
“It was the longest 40 minutes of my life and when Oba scored it was the longest two minutes of my life. It was just unbelievable to win it.”
4. What was your perception of the Blues fans support on Sunday, but not from the pitch, from the bench?
“When I was on the bench I turned into a fan. When they were singing Keep Right On, I was singing it as well.”
5. How do you think winning our 1st major trophy for 48 years can set us up for the remainder of this season?
“It’s been a massive bonus and especially when we get all of our players back from injury then everybody is already high in confidence and it will only add to that. Everybody’s raring to go. I certainly am and I can’t wait to get back out there when I’m fit.”
Thank you for answering my questions Craig