I got approached by Nathan who runs a Cardiff City blog, and we have answered some questions for each other. Nathan’s answers are below and mine are here.
1) What have you made of your season? Happy with performance and the results?
We haven’t really played well all season, perhaps due to comparisons of the last few years where we have been promotion contenders. This season has all been about consolidation after an expensive year in the Premier League. The last few games have been a bit of a turning point however. We managed to beat Brentford away and then draw against Bournemouth at home.
2) What are your thoughts on Russell Slade and what he has achieved since replacing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?
Slade has had a nearly impossible task. He had to get rid of the expensive mistakes Ole made and replace them with players on the cheap. Throughout this cost cutting exercise he has had to deal with the fans pressure of competing with the Cardiff teams of yesteryear.
3) Who are your key players who will feature
Ex-Blues player Federico Macheda is on a great scoring run and is back from suspension. Keeper David Marshall is also expected to be back which will be a massive boost.
4) What formation and tactics would you expect yourselves to put out against Cardiff?
I expect a 4-4-2 with the same team as against Bournemouth apart from Malone in for Connolly and Macheda in for Kenwyne Jones.
5) Score prediction for Saturday
2-1 Cardiff after a boring, scrappy game.
6) Tell us an interesting fact that not many people know about Cardiff City.
Cardiff produced the only player to have ever scored a hat-trick in the: